Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It is pronounced "MON-DRIAN"


An artist from the early 20th century, Piet Mondrian was a pivotal player in the cubism race. He created art, as seen above, that is still being referenced and added to modern culture, nearly 100 years later. I imagine his images and style will continue to be used far into the future.

SO, if you are going to copy this man's art- PLEASE pronounce his name correctly. It is NOT "Modrain." It IS Mondrian (môn'drēän). Seriously... I think I found a new pet peeve.

On another Mondrian note, this is actually one of my favorite paintings done by the artist. A Mill in the Sunlight by Peit Mondrian takes some lovely notes from the post-impressionism era. I love the color and texture in many of his early paintings.


1 comment:

Kodanshi said...

I had no idea people mispronounced his name so badly! By the way, I got myself a new tie. You should check it out:

http://p.twimg.com/AaAuaobCIAAdYMh.jpg