Monday, May 14, 2007

The Dress.

The Dress.
My first sign that God has been planning this wedding for me.



One week after i was engaged i went to check on bridal gowns.

More specifically, i went to Terry Costa to see if they carried one particualr designer and if they did, then if they carried one particular dress. Upon arriving i noticed there was a sample sale going on - to which i thought, i wish i wasn't so set on this dress or i would check out what was on sale. I was set on that dress, too. I had been looking at if for about 6 months already. I knew it was the one i wanted, no question.
(6 months ago was the about the time Chris and i seriously started talking about where our relationship was going... and really i was ready for it then, but God was not.)


So!

I proceeded to inquire about the dress and the timeline. It was going to take 4 months to get the dress in! Dang-it. I hung around the store for a little bit longer and looked at the other dresses, ones that wouldn't take 4 months to get in.
Then i am sure you can guess what happend... The sales woman came over to me carrying a dress - THE Dress. They couldn't find it earlier because it was on the sample sale rack and my $1300 dollar dress was on sale for $289! Yessss!
I couldn't try it on that night but i swore i would be back the next day. So i hid the dress amongst the others on sale and headed out.

The next day on my lunch break my friend, Deborah, and i went back to check it out. It took us a little while to find the dress in my hiding spot - but we did, i tried it on, and it FIT! Woohoo! Actually it was almost big, to which the sales woman responded - don't lose wieght and you won't have to get it altered - yet another WOOHOO! :)

So in a matter of 1 hour, i tried on one dress and took it to the counter to buy. My last "woohoo" in this story? The dress rang up for $189! 6 months ago this dress would have been $1100 more.
Thank you Lord for your timing in things.